Monday, January 18, 2010

Pork Chops and Applesauce...

Every time I say this out loud I think of Peter Brady on the Brady Bunch. Regardless, you may find that you'd like to cook up some loveliness in the form of pork chops and apples, and I have the easiest recipe for you. This is courtesy of my cousin in Charleston, and it is as easy as pie.

What you'll need:

4 large apples, peeled and sliced
1-2 pounds of pork chops
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of salt

Directions:

In a crock pot, layer the pork chops on the bottom and cover with the sliced apples. Then, in a small bowl combine the spices, and once combined, spoon spice concoction over the apples. Cover the pot, turn on high, and let cook for 3-4 hours. The juice from the apples is all that you need to cook the chops. So let it do its thing and voila! Good stuff.

This is the easiest recipe in the world. Once the pork is cooked, scoop the apples from the top and put in a separate bowl. I added a generous dollop or two to the cooked apples, and then plated the chops with some of the apples as well. I paired the chops with some mashed potatoes, some gravy (I cheated with a bought package from the commissary-Go McCormick's!), some carrots, and a nice green salad. Everyone loved the pork and apples and I didn't have to do much except take all the credit. If you're lucky enough to have a box of gingerbread cake, this would be an excellent choice for dessert. Or perhaps you have a home-made recipe for gingerbread, which we'd love you to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment