Friday, January 8, 2010

Not Your Everyday Pizza, Part 2

So last night's pizza was a hit, but as a result, there isn't a left-over piece to be found. But you're still hankering for just another taste of that delish dish--what's a girl to do? Luckily, here's a solution. And a great dish for dinner.

Last night, I cooked an entire batch of sausage, and because I didn't need all of it, there was still about a cup and half left in the fridge. I also had a large amount of the chevre left (I use Rondele garlic and herb flavor), which is a rarity for me, as I usually finish off every package I open. So I decided to use the left overs and see what I could come up with. Since I had pizza last night, I figured pasta might be the way to go tonight. So, here it is:

In a large pot, boil enough water to heat a half box of pasta. Add a 1/2 pound of penne pasta, salting the water and cooking for about 15 minutes. When pasta has finished cooking, drain off the water, and then return the pasta to the warm pot. Microwave the sausage for about a minute, then toss that into the pasta. In addition, you may want to add some cooked peas for a little color. Then, toss in the rest of yesterday's soft cheese and mix gently all the ingredients in the pot. The cheese will melt nicely against the warm pasta and the hot pot. Continue to gently stir the mixture until all the cheese is melted/incorporated. You may want to add some salt and pepper for additional flavor. Serve hot and enjoy this very quick and easy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment